Ecologically sensitive planting and screening
As well as being the season of ‘mists and mellow fruitfulness’, Autumn is the time for planning and planting — or tidying and maintaining if a landscape has already been established. If you are embarking on a building development, ecologically sensitive planting and screening are likely to form part of the planning conditions. Or perhaps you simply want to improve your company’s ‘green’ credentials?
Twig can advise you on all such matters. Our expertise and services include:
- Planting mixed, native hedges
- Creating naturalistic coppices
- Sensitive planting to integrate with the surrounding landscape
- Retention of key landscape features including mature trees, watercourses and ponds
- Use of local, sustainable materials and timber
- Bulk ordering of bare-root trees and shrubs, to keep costs down
As well as maintaining sites and landscapes that we have created, Twig is happy to take on existing sites and has previously worked on everything from country parks and solar farms to inner city hospitals and motorway junctions.
As plant growth slows, leaves drop and trees and shrubs enter a dormant phase, it’s the perfect time to put gardens ‘to bed’ for the winter and tidy up untidy vegetation. Key jobs at this time of year include:
- Leaf blowing
- The last mow of the season
- Cutting back untidy perennials
- Renovating lawns or creating new lawns by laying turf